Monday, May 25, 2009

Wisdom Prevails

Every Wednesday morning, a group of us tennis players get in 1 1/2 hours of play before work.  I called a 70 year old, fantastic player to sub for me this Weds. a.m. as I had a USTA tennis match to play later in the day.  His response, "Ginny I'm already playing Weds. a.m. and I too have a match to play later in the day.  Go ahead and play- it will be a good warm-up."  So I'm thinking this will be tough- extra effort, energy and planning but if he can do it, maybe I can too.  Wednesday turned out to be one of my most memorable days of tennis.  The early morning play was a blast- great points, fun opponents.  The match proved to be one of my most challenging and most rewarding wins.  Once again, the extra effort, energy and planning gave me big rewards.  The question has never been,"Does family dinnertime belong in our daily routine," but "How can I get myself organized to put it on the table?" If I can do it, you can too.  Let wisdom prevail- try cooking co-op.