Monday, January 18, 2010

Be Determined and Straight-Forward

The last 6 months I had gotten out of the one-day-a week 5:30am tennis habit. For two years, I had played mixed tennis @ 5:30- 7am every Weds. and since Tues. is mynight2cook, I headed into work having two check marks DONE! I was so pumped up and on such a roll- I felt nothing was too hard for me to accomplish. The last 6 months, no one took the reins and got us organized. Late yesterday, I got a call that Keith was starting up a new Monday 5:30am tennis challenge. I signed up, showed up and he laid out the rules this morning- be there or get a sub/ 5 minute warm up/play 9 games with each partner(he assigns) for a total of 27/ pay $8 for prizes. It's a tennis boot camp and if you oops on the alarm clock, Keith will let you know his displeasure. I had missed this aspect of my week these last 6 months but none of us could get it together like Keith. I am so glad to have this spark of fun back in my life. To get a cooking co-op going to save money and free up time for excercise, be determined and get your group up and running now. Be straight forward on meals that work and those that do not. Right now, my group is cooking light on the calories. I owe Keith a dinner and a big thank you.