Monday, June 14, 2010

Two Dreams Come True

No, not sailing around the world, but as I blog, my kitchen is being demolished- a kitchen I am creating- not one someone else picked out. More on that later. And my mixed USTA tennis team won the state districts this week-end and will compete in August at the regionals in College Park, MD. Warming the bench is exhausting and I am just fortunate to have my name on the roster but watching such competitive tennis was inspiring and gave me a desire to raise my game. I couldn't wait for 5:30 am tennis indoors today- I stepped on the court focused and ready to practice what I watched. Came home and did sit-ups and push ups- at least I can practice with my team to help get them ready for regionals. This team has an unbelievable captain- selfless and comes up with perfect line-ups. Brutal honesty helped craft our victories this week-end- it did not feel good being on the short end of the talent stick. But I love the results! In cooking co-op, youv'e got to pick your winning team- maybe some better cooks on the roster but your cooking will be elevated the first time someone calls to rave about your dinner. And you need to be honest- say it nicely- that dinner just did not work for our family. Miracles do happen!