Monday, July 19, 2010

Co-Op Lessons from State Tennis Competition

My 3.5 tennis team went to Newport News this week-end to compete in the USTA tennis districts and I learned some valuable lessons. One) I thought I was the only one who made mistakes - I found out everybody, even the 4.5 ranked players make mistakes. Are you holding off starting your cooking co-op worried you might make a terrible dish? The fire truck has already showed up at my house, but you might discover a new out-of-this world recipe too. And two) I could not believe all the ankle and knee braces I saw- that includes me. But despite these impediments, 500 matches of tennis were played. Are you letting an active schedule impede your forming an amazing cooking co-op? I had the priviledge of spending time this week-end with 9 incredibly talented women- playing, laughing, learning and savoring the most gorgeous tennis racquet cupcakes ever created. After coming in second in our bracket, the reward was a night at Virginia Beach. Thank you Kara Butler! Quit worrying about mistakes and impediments. The savings of cooking co-op could give you a week at the beach.