Monday, October 18, 2010

Enjoy Your Company Over a Bowl of Stew

We met some very special friends at the omelet station in Ashville, NC 2 1/2 years ago. They came to visit this week and spent 2 nights. Right as they left, my daughter brought 4 friends home for the week-end. I didn't have much time to fix anything so I went to my now 20 years-in-the-making Brunswick Stew in which I place all the ingredients in a slow-cooker and then let it cook overnight. So late Wednesday night, we sat down and enjoyed our friends from Birmingham, AL over a bowl of stew, biscuits, and a slice of Caroline's Six Layer Caramel Cake my mom sent just in the nick of time. Then Sunday for lunch, we ate the remaining Brunswick Stew enjoying the conversation with 5 beautiful, smart young ladies in their 20's. What a blessing! We hated to see both groups of our company leave. Conversation and good food go hand in hand. Cool weather is here. It's time to fix my Brunswick Stew ( see recipes tab) and invite friends and neighbors into your home. The laughter and fun will brighten your week!