Monday, August 10, 2009

9 Cash-Saving Strategies That Pay Big Bucks

This article was posted last week on yahoo:customsites.yahoo.com/financiallyfit/finance/index.  And #1 is: Form a Cooking Co-Op!  It references this web site and my DVD, "If It's Tuesday... it's my night to cook."  Review my April 27th blog- Economy means Management of a Household.  Just last night, a young lady who works at a fast food restaurant, said the average cost per person was in the $10 range.  My home-made taco salad and fresh fruit cost $3.60 per person plus I had left overs.  Also I saved on fuel costs because I had to go to the grocery store anyway.  Food costs are going up and one economist I spoke with believes food costs will continue to escalate- actually for a happy reason.  People in third world nations are earning more money and are adding meat and other foods to their 1 or 2 meals of rice/day.  Perhaps people in China and India will go as crazy for ketchup as we do in my family.  So what is your plan to deal with rising food costs?  Once again, let a bad economy get you into a good habit- starting in September- cook for a night, eat for a week!