Monday, December 20, 2010

A Christmas Gift-- New Easy Recipe

Christmas gets us all cooking- even Debbie, who serves as my cooking co-op challenge in my DVD. This easy recipe of Debbie's makes the whole house smell festive when mixed with Christmas candles. 6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts- place in 13 x 9 pan. Make this sauce in a pan: 1 stick butter, 1/8 tsp. basil,1/4 tsp. rosemary, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 4 oz. can mushrooms, stems and pieces(I used baby bellas), 1/2 cup chopped onions(Oreida froz. chopped onions are great), 1/4 cup sherry. Cook til butter melts and then pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Great served with mashed potatoes( Bob Evans pre-made ones are good) or Uncle Ben's Wild Rice. I tried several other brands but I recommend Uncle Ben's. Then I saw in Southern Living an easy way to put a new twist on salad. Use romaine whole leaves washed off. Top with sliced grape tomatoes, chopped veges like you can get pre-chopped at Trader Joe's, sprinkle with small pieces of croutons, parmesan cheese then a dollop of your favorite dressing. Don't forget to make a batch of my Brunswick stew for another meal. Enjoy your own home and kitchen. Merry Christmas!!! See you Jan. 3rd.