Monday, June 18, 2012

"... For the Happy Heart, Life is a Continual Feast."

Yesterday was Father's Day and the restaurants were jammed with families celebrating with food a special day.  I have been quiet as a blogger as I regroup from my daughter's wedding 3 weeks ago.  I never teared up once because the whole week-end, I felt pure happiness.  The same happiness I felt at my wedding 32 years ago.  It was a time to escape the problems of the world, a time to talk with and enjoy the presence of family and friends, a time to enjoy a beautiful setting enjoying the views of gently rolling mountains and beautiful arrangements of flowers, and a time to sit around various tables at breakfast, lunch and dinner to savor carefully planned and prepared food.  The wedding dinner was especially memorable and just a taste of what the banquet in heaven must be like.  That taste of happiness which we enjoy at weddings and Father's Day is described above in Proverbs 15:15.  To have a happier heart, perhaps our lives need to sup on continual feasts which can be enjoyed by planning and cooking your family dinners.  Make it creative and fun.  Don't worry, instead be happy!