Monday, September 28, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

I had 2 sets of plans that were going to keep me away from home all day but both were cancelled due to rain. Instead I spent most of the day at home decluttering my home and watching football with my son and husband. As we were heating up our cooking co-op left overs for dinner, my husband said how the commercials have it wrong- the best celebrations are not done away from home but at home. Exactly! Instead of spending Saturday driving here and there, I spent the day " cocooning" at home and loved it. Some money managers today are investing in companies that benefit from"cocooning"- spending more time a home due to the economy. General Mills has had great earnings as we eat at home more and I would suspect the sale of slow cookers are jumping. So how much money did we save by eating our left over tuna cakes and pasta with shrimp instead of orderring pizza? $20-30? Here's what the first week of our new cooking co-op at work included( one out on vacation): Julia Child's Beef Bourguignon, shrimp and pasta, and my tuna cakes all with delicious sides. Let your home be that protective covering where you get your batteries recharged-enjoy dinner at home!