Monday, November 23, 2009

Stress Light

WSJ in an article "Are We Too Stressed To Reduce Our Stress" bring out the fact that overall stress levels in America are high and we are not doing enough about it due to a lack of time. I am a senior VP at a national brokerage firm, my husband works, I have 1 daughter working in NYC, 1 daughter at UVA and a 14 yr. old son who just finished football and today starts practice for basketball. My husband is a minister and we are very involved in church activities. Plus I am a die-hard USTA tennis player. We have a lot of balls up in the air, but we find time for a family dinner time on a regular basis. If you can cook every night and still enjoy that special time to celebrate the day with your family- perfect! But I need help cooking, planning, recipe searching etc. so for 22 years I have and still am a cooking co-op(supper swap) evangelist. If it's Tuesday, it's my night to cook, but if it's Wednesday, it's my night for a tennis clinic. Cooking co-op saves approx. 2 hours/week- read this web site. The best way to reduce stress is to get going and think of others- your family and cook extra for a family in need. As you sit at your Thanksgiving dinner, become determined to stress less, cook more and enjoy life more!