Monday, May 17, 2010

Memories

That's what you are creating when you set aside time for family mealtime. Instead of junking my old breakfast table, I found a talented mom to creatively and colorfully repaint the 21 year old table which was the setting to hear many family discussions. Food is the WD-40 which loosens the jawbones and it's amazing what you can find out. "Hum...you said earlier you did not have much homework but now I am hearing about 2 big tests tomorrow." We had asked to hear all about the prom, but only sitting at that table, eating food did we hear how our daughter got home from the prom- by canoe. The dad(a lawyer) insisted they wear life vests. I am not a gourmet cook. I just love cooking co-op because it helps me do the things I want to do- take time out to hear the stories and create memories.