Monday, May 24, 2010

The Plan

Do you wake up one morning and then decide to leave the next day for your summer vacation? I don't think so. You need to plan. I recently saw this quote: " A fool with a plan is more effective than a genius with no plan. " I took that to heart as I recently was asked to play 2 singles tennis USTA matches- first I laughed as I am no young "whipper snapper" but then I came up with a plan- play on clay which slows down the hard fast strokes of the younger players and lob to their back-hand. There were times it did not look like it was working but I stuck with the plan and won both singles matches against better players than myself. That is what I like about cooking co-op - usually I have 1-2 months of menues planned with the help of others so it is easier to shop and cheaper since there are fewer left overs. We eat more natural food and less processed food when we have a plan for dinner. You need to plan. Nutritionists and weight programs encourage the same thing - plan. So one big topic at your dinner table tonight could be guess what- not who- is coming for dinner- guess each family members favorite meal and put it on the calendar.