Monday, October 10, 2011

Steve Jobs

I was at my Apple computer reading the news of Steve Jobs death. I had such a heavy heart that a man with such God-given talents had died so young. I too am 56 years old and for the past 25 years, I have clipped articles wherever I read of the importance of the family dinner hour. Charles Duhigg of the NY Times wrote one such article in "With Time Running Short, Jobs Managed His Farewells." "As news of the seriousness of his illness became more widely known, Mr. Jobs was asked to attend farewell dinners and to accept various awards. He turned down the offers. On the days that he was well enough to go to Apple's offices, all he wanted afterwards was to return home and have dinner with his family." Let that sink in. Knowing his time on earth was short, he choose dinner at home- not the glitsy dinners or awards. In honor of Steve Jobs, choose this week to spend more time with family and friends around your own dinner table- thankful for your family, friends, food before you and your health. Make better choices in what you eat and where you eat!